How to Make Taquito Salad
This taquito salad has beautiful presentation with its many different layers of ingredients.
- 20 each beef or chicken corn taquitos
- 6 cups Shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- (2) 11 oz. cans Mexican corn, drained
- (2) 15 oz cans black beans, drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar and jack cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced olives
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
Spicy Ranch Dressing:
- 3 cups of ranch dressing mixed with 3 tablespoons of diced jalapenos in juice. Refrigerate before using.
DirectionsHere's how to make Taquito Salad.
- Defrost the taquitos for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator and cut them into threes or fours your choice and preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place taquitos on a bake sheet in a 350°F oven and bake 6-8 minutes until golden brown and crunchy. Turn oven off, open it slightly to allow heat to slowly dissipate and hold taquitos.
- Place half of the lettuce in the bottom of a large deep glass bowl, layer the drained Mexican corn evenly over the lettuce, then layer the drained black beans evenly over the corn, then layer the diced tomatoes evenly over black beans, then layer half of the cut taquitos over tomatoes.
- Repeat the layering process with the remaining ingredients, leaving the cheese, olives, and green onions to garnish the top.
- Serve salad mix and apply Spicy Ranch dressing as needed.