Roasted Tomatillo Salsa
- 4 medium tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- 1 small jalapeño (or half a big one), seeded
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 5 sprigs fresh cilantro (optional; remove stem bottoms)
- 1/4 small yellow onion, chopped (Do NOT use a sweet onion.)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Place the tomatillos, jalapeño and garlic on a baking sheet and broil for five minutes or until they begin to blacken.
- Flip everything over and broil for another five minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- Place the roasted ingredients (including the juice and everything stuck to the baking sheet), onion and cilantro into a blender; blend until it reaches the desired consistency you prefer.
- Add salt and enjoy!