Beef Tamale Nachos
Add a fresh twist to your next crowd-pleasing platter of nachos with El Monterey Beef Tamales. Layers of sliced tamales, chips, cheese and tomatoes meld together for a flavorful snack that will have your guests asking about your secret ingredient. Make it fiesta-ready, with a topping of green onions, black olives and fresh cilantro.
- Preparation Time:
- Total Time:
- 6 El Monterey Beef Tamales
- 1 lb. Pasteurized processed cheese
- (1) 10 oz. can diced tomatoes and chilies
- 1 lb. Nacho corn chips (your favorite)
- 1 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1 cup diced fresh green onions
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
DirectionsHere's a recipe for Beef Tamale Nachos.
- Heat up El Monterey tamales according to instructions on package, remove tamales from package after hot and slice each tamale into 4 slices, keep warm and set aside for assembly.
- Combine cheese and canned tomatoes and chilies in a microwave proof bowl and heat for 9 minutes or until cheese is melted and mix up well; keep warm and set aside for assembly.
- On a large platter spread out a single layer of corn chips, pour 1/3 of the cheese sauce over chips, evenly distribute 2 sliced tamales over chips and cheese, along with a third of the tomatoes, green onions, and olives.
- Repeat layering process for two more layers and finish nachos in a 375ºF oven for 2 minutes or just enough to heat up cheese and tamales, careful not to toast the nacho chips too much. Serve hot and immediately.