Chicken Quesadilla Tacos
A creamy sauce and crunchy garnish turn Quesadillas into a truly memorable meal
- Preparation Time:
- Total Time:
- 3/4 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz.
- Refried beans
- 1/2 cup Red chile or enchilada sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbl. Chicken base or bouillon cube
- 1/2 tsp.
- Ground cumin
- 2 cups Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
- 1/2 cup Shredded Green Cabbage
- 1/4 cup Shredded Red Cabbage
- 4 Green Onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro sliced thin
- 2 ea. Tomatoes chopped
- 1 large Avocado, cut into thin slices
- 1 cup
- Cotija Cheese, Shredded
DirectionsHere's a recipe for Chicken Quesadilla Tacos.
- Prepare five El Monterey Quesadillas according to directions on container.
- Place sauce ingredients in a blender and blend until creamy.
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan cook sauce over medium heat, stirring occasionally until temperature reaches 150ºF.
- Or in a microwaveable bowl heat sauce for 2 minutes or until temperature reaches 150ºF.
- Mix shredded lettuce, cabbage, green onion, and cilantro in a bowl.
- Unfold the hot quesadilla enough to spoon bean sauce onto the chicken and cheese filling.
- Add generous amounts of the shredded lettuce and cabbage mix, top with tomatoes, and avocado slices.
- Crumble Cotija or another Mexican cheese on quesadillas and serve immediately.