Taquito Chilaquille Scramble
Wake up to scrambled eggs El Monterey-style. Taquitos add a savory flavor and crisp texture that make eggs special.
- Preparation Time:
- Total Time:
- 6 El Monterey Taquitos – any variety
- To coat pan Cooking oil
- 1/4 cup White or yellow onions diced
- 1/4 cup Green bell peppers diced
- 1/4 cup Tomatoes diced
- 6 Large eggs lightly beaten
- To taste Salt & black pepper
- 1 cup Shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend
DirectionsHere's a recipe for Taquito Chilaquille Scramble.
- Prepare El Monterey taquitos as directed on package; cut taquitos into quarters and hold in a pre-heated oven at 200°F.
- Over medium high heat, heat up a non-stick coated pan with enough cooking oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Once oil is hot, sauté onions, peppers, and tomatoes until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Remove taquitos from oven, add to the skillet, and continue to sauté until taquitos start to lightly brown.
- Stir in eggs with a rubber spatula and turn heat to medium and cook eggs while scrapping the bottom of the pan with spatula to avoid over cooking the eggs. Once the eggs have just about cooked, turn heat to medium low, spread the cheese evenly over the entire surface of the skillet. Keep scraping the pan until all the eggs have cooked and the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.