Taquitos Over Rice & Beans
Taquitos, onions, peppers and spices create a flavorful dinner dish for 4.
- Preparation Time:
- Total Time:
- 12 El Monterey Taquitos
- 2 Tbl. Olive oil
- 1/2 cup White onions diced
- 1/2 cup Celery diced
- 1/2 cup Green bell pepper diced
- 1 tsp. Garlic fresh crushed
- 1/2 cup Ham diced
- 1/4 tsp. Thyme ground or whole leaf
- 1/4 tsp. Oregano ground or whole leaf
- 1/8 tsp. Cayenne pepper
- To Taste Black pepper & salt
- (1) 12 oz. can Whole beans (pinto or red)rinsed and drained
- 4 cups Quick Instant Mexican Rice (hot and cooked)
- 1 1/2 Cups Chunky red salsa
- Heat up taquitos according to the instructions on the package.
- In a large sauté pan heat up olive oil and sauté onions, celery, peppers, and garlic until onions are translucent.
- Add ham and seasoning and continue to cook until ham is slightly browned.
- Add beans and cooked rice and mix ingredients well continue to cook until steam starts rising from pan and all ingredients are hot.
- On a large platter mound and spread rice mix, arrange hot taquitos on platter and pour hot sauce over taquitos. Serve immediately.